QUICK NOZZLE CHANGER CRB08
For a billet caster operated with calibrated nozzle, the flow control solutions must be cost effective, user-friendly and simple, but also able to achieve long tundish sequences.
The CRB series of quick nozzle changers offer a state-of-the-art technology engineered to suit all casting requirements in terms of:
Extend casting sequence
Extend tundish lining life
Maintain tundish level for maximum quality
Re-start at desired speed
Change nozzles on individual strands
Emergency blanking and later re-start
All refractories are installed inside the mechanism
LOW WEIGHT / HIGH STRENGTH
The net weight of the gate assembled with the refractories is only 19.5 kg.
The frame design and the material guarantee high stiffness and strength properties.
In order to strongly increase the operational safety the system has:
- Two, independent, spring pads for each rocker
Mechanical devices that prevent wrong operation of the cylinder.
- High coaxial precision while changing the refractory nozzle.
- Upper nozzle with round section and flying nozzle with square section inscribed inside the upper nozzle to maximize surface contact.
- The preparation/testing table, during the refractories preparation, allows to check the springs though a load digital cell without further auxiliary operations.
- Strong increased operational safety.
- Fast and frequent springs control.
- Reduced non-operational times (it is no necessary disassemble the springs for the main structure).
Two main structural parts that clamp the spring pads and the refractories.
Double opening hinge.
Blind nozzle must be inserted in the stand-by position after nozzle changing procedure.
CRB 09 SERIES
One main structure, interchangeable with the one of Q3 slide gates.
Spring pads are bolted to the main structure
Blind nozzle is always available in the emergency position for extra safety